Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Throw it in

I love to make soups and stews in the winter, especially ones where everything just gets thrown in the pot. This momma has a busy week planned, so I'm making tomorrow's dinner today. It's so easy, thought I'd share the recipe.
Um, I'm not real great with measurements - I just chop it up and throw it in!
Into your crockpot:
One butternut squash, peeled and cubed
One small eggplant, cubed
A couple of zucchini
10 oz. frozen okra

Add in some kind of  tomatoes; either chop up a fresh one, add a can of diced, pour in some sauce, I put in a few T of paste and a bit of water.

Chop up an onion
Chop up one carrot

Add in some vegetable broth to keep everything moist, 1/2 to 1 cup should do it.

Add in a handful of raisins-that's 1/3 c.
 One clove garlic, chopped
Spices: cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and paprika. (Miss Charlotte is on an IBS diet right now, so I went very light on the spices. Season how you wish)
 Fire up the crockpot or stick it in the frig, and you've got dinner! Cook on low for 10 hours or so. I'll pull it out when I leave in the morning at 7 and dinnertime in around 5:30.

Enjoy!

PICTURE FIND-(we all use my camera so I never know what pictures will pop up)
The girls made Groundhog Day treats -

He saw his shadow - sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment